For millions of Americans and many of their businesses, Wells Fargo has proven to be one of the most stable banking institutions in the world. With numerous services as well as highly competitive rates for loans, lines of credit and more, the company has become a top-tier bank since it was first created in the 1850s.
Occasionally, Wells Fargo Bank sends its customers a mailer that invites them to apply for a credit card. Usually, this is included with a guarantee that the person will be approved for a specific amount, but sometimes that can change depending on what may have happened with that person’s credit rating between the time the mailer was sent and when the person applies.
Complete Your New Credit Card Application Online
If you received a letter from Wells Fargo inviting you to apply for a new credit card, you can do so by completing the steps listed here.
If you did not receive an invitation but would still like to apply for a credit card from the bank, you can sign into your account at the bank’s sign in page and click the Products & Offers tab where you can view the various credit cards offered by Wells Fargo and apply for the one you would like.
- Using your preferred internet browser, go to www.wellsfargo.com/mynewcard. Clicking this link will take you there in a new tab in your browser
- Type your reservation number into the four boxes provided. You can find your reservation number on the mail invitation you received from Wells Fargo, printed at the top of the letter
- Type the last four digits of your SSN into the field asking for it, then click the blue “Continue” button at the bottom of the page
- Continue filling out the forms and agree to the legal documents when presented. Finalize your application and submit it to Wells Fargo
- In some cases, the website will be able to inform you of the decision immediately. However, there is a chance you will have to wait to receive a call or letter from them
Apply Over the Phone
If you would prefer to not have Wells Fargo contact you about your credit card application, you can apply over the phone by calling 1-800-932-6736. For security purposes, you will still have to give the bank all the same information, they just will not contact you as a follow up – instead you will be informed of the credit decision and either receive or not receive your new card in the mail.