Although they might have a collection of rather silly television commercials, The General Insurance takes their insurance services quite seriously. And, as foolish as the ads might seem, the public has been eating them up considering the company has been expanding fairly rapidly these days, though much of that probably also has to do with the consistently low premium payments offered by the company.
If you have a policy with The General Insurance and need to make a payment or set up recurring payments for your premium, you can easily do so online by following the instructions presented in this guide:
Pay The General Insurance Online
Accessing your The General Insurance account online will require you to register for and create login credentials for the website. To begin your registration, go to the MyPolicy Self Service registration page and type the last seven digits of your insurance policy number into this box then click the orange “Continue” button:
After entering your policy number, you will move into account setup, which will ask you to create your login credentials as well as answer a few other prompts. After that, your account registration is complete and you can move on to online payments:
- At the bottom of this page, you will find a link in a green box that has the contact information for The General Insurance after the “Website:” label, click that link
- The General Insurance MyPolicy Self Service website will load in a new window. Enter your account number or the email address you signed up with into the top box and, in the bottom box, type in your password. Select whether or not you want the site to store your login info and then click the orange “Login” button
- Once logged in, make your way to account management and navigate to policy payments
- Enter your payment information as requested by The General Insurance. For most people, this step will also mean setting up recurring payments, which is advised for anything involving insurance as a lapse can mean serious problems later on. Verify that your payment information is correct and submit it
- You should receive a notification that your one-time or scheduled payment has been set up. After this, you may leave the site
To Receive a Quote on Auto Insurance
If you are here looking for information on how to get a premium quote from The General Insurance, you can do so over the phone by calling (866) 519-7422 or online at www.thegeneral.com.