Legal & General is an insurance provider that now owns the companies Banner Insurance and William Penn. Under the label Legal & General America, the procurement of these two companies has allowed Legal & General an influential stake in the American insurance market, and they will likely further expansion into the United States.
Although they are technically under the same Legal & General label, it is uncertain whether there is much crossover between William Penn and Banner policies, so you should be careful that you handle everything under the name your policy came from, just to be on the safe side.
Policy holders looking to manage their accounts online can do so by following the directions printed below.
Create Your Login Name and Password
Since Legal & General has combined the services of William Penn and Banner, there are two separate registration pages that you will need to choose from depending on who your insurance policy originated from.
When the registration page for your insurance provider loads, enter your policy number and Social Security number (or Tax Identification number) into the boxes in the middle of the page and click the “Submit” button.
This will be followed by a series of questions that will help you get your account set up for online policy management. Take note of your user ID and password if you use something that you have difficulty remembering.
Log In for Online Premium Payments
Whether your premium is named under Banner Life or William Penn, the steps for logging in are similar enough that they can both be followed (even with the same images) with the same steps of instructions:
- Navigate to the Legal & General America website. You can find the link to get there in the contact area at the bottom of this page, which is a green box that displays their address, phone number and website
- Click the box that has the name of the insurance company that you received your policy through, as shown here:
- At the bottom left of the screen (you may have to scroll down to see it), click the link that says “My Policy”
- Enter your user ID and password into the text entry boxes on the left side of the page and click the grey “Login” button
- You should now be logged in and can manage your account, schedule payments, edit your personal information and more