Duke Energy is currently the largest electric power holding company in the entire United States of America. It provides power to roughly 7.2 million customers within the country, not including natural gas customers which number an extra 500,000. Its service area covers around 104,000 square miles all over the Southeast and Midwest of the continental US. It has over $110 billion worth of assets and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. Its headquarters are in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Duke Energy outlines a number of payment options on its website, www.duke-energy.com. When you click on “Billing and Payment Options” the website prompts you to select your state before you can proceed.
Www.Duke-Energy.com Online Payment (E-Bill) Instructions
- The customer should first visit https://www.progress-energy.com/app/loginregistration/login.aspx.
- The customer can either login, if he already has an account, or register. To register, click on “Need to Register?”
- The customer inputs his name, e-mail address, preferred password, security question and answer. After reading and accepting the Privacy Statement, click on the REGISTER button to complete your registration.
- Once registered the customer can return to the main login screen. He types in his e-mail address and password, and then clicks on the LOGIN button.
- On the account page, the customer can then enroll his Duke Energy account. He can even view up to 24 months of his account’s billing history.
- And lastly, he can use the online portal to pay his bills, whether as one-time payments or recurring.
Additional Payment Options Listed in Duke-Energy.com
Aside from the e-bill option, the customer can opt to pay in person at any of their paystation locations. Some of these locations could include a $1.50 fee per transaction. They can also sign up their back account for Monthly Automatic Draft, which automatically deducts their bill payments from their bank account every month. Customers can also pay via credit card or electronic check (EZ-Pay). And lastly, they can choose the mail their payments to Duke Energy, P.O. Box 1004, Charlotte, NC 28201-1004.