More people in the state of Illinois get their electricity from ComEd than any other provider in the state. Their primary focus of service is the greater Chicago area, but almost all of the northern part of the state gets covered by their grid as well. Having been in business for more than a century, the company has been a household name for nearly as long. The company’s full name is Commonwealth Edison, but all four million of its customers and the business itself refers to it as ComEd.
If you live anywhere near Chicago, you are probably on this page looking for a way to pay your ComEd bill. Depending on the method that you would like to make a payment, find it as one of the sections listed below and follow the guidance to get your bill paid and keep your lights on.
How to Pay ComEd Online
- Using your favorite browser, go to the www.comed.com e-bill payment page
- Click the red tab on the right side of the screen that says “Manage My Account” and input your login email address and password into the fields provided. If you don’t want to have to type your email again on future visits, check the box next to “Remember Username,” then click “Log In”
- Navigate to the Pay Bill section of the site
- Enter how much you would like to pay and continue. Input your payment information into the fields provided and recheck that everything you’ve typed in is correct. Once you’re sure it’s good, submit the payment
- You will receive a confirmation message informing you that the payment has been successfully submitted for payment. Feel free to close the window at this time
Pay Through the Mail
If you would like to make a ComEd utility bill payment via standard mail, send a check or money order to the following address:
PO Box 6111
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6111
Before mailing it out, ensure that your address is displayed properly on the payment method as well as your ComEd account number so the proper account gets credited.
Pay In Person
ComEd also has a number of locations where you can go and make a payment on your utility bill in person. To find the location nearest you, head over to the “Find a Payment Location” Page by clicking here, then entering your zip code into the box. Click the arrow next to the box and the system will provide you with places near your location that accept ComEd payments.