As a large financial institution, Chase Bank supplies millions of credit cards annually to its customers. With very competitive rates and some flexible options, there is no question that Chase will remain as a top issuer of credit cards for decades to come.
If you have recently received a Chase credit card and you want to activate it to make purchases in stores or online, you can do so by following the instructions listed in this guide. If you already have an online account created, you can skip to the section labeled “Log in and Activate Your Card.”
Create an Online Account with Chase
No matter how long you might have been banking with Chase, they will not automatically create an online account access login for you. You will have to do so yourself at the Chase online enrollment page (clicking this link will open a new window). Once there, select whether you have a personal or business account with the radio buttons and then enter account identifying information like a bank account number or one of the numbers from a credit or debit card. After that, enter your SSN then choose a User ID for login:
From there, you will verify your identity through your phone by either receiving a text or phone call, which will provide you with a one-time security code. After that, you will choose an account password, go through and agree to some legal documentation, choose (or not) some services you might be interested in and, finally, confirm the account creation.
Once you have your account created, you will be able to log in to your Chase account online and make payments, set up bill pay options for your utilities, make other monthly payment arrangements, pay your credit cards and more.
Log in and Activate Your Card
- Visit the website www.chase.com/verifycard (link on the bottom of this page)
- Enter your user ID and password into the boxes shown in the image below. Click the checkbox next to “Remember Me” to have the site store your user ID for future visits, if you so choose, and then click the green button labeled “Log In to Accounts”
- There should be a message at the top of your screen asking if you would like to activate your new card, click it. If not, navigate to account management and go to the credit cards portion of the screen and find the link that says Activate a New Card and click that
- Enter any information requested by the system and verify that it is all correct
- Submit your card activation request and, once you receive a confirmation, you can then go out and use your new credit card at stores or for online shopping
For Immediate Answers, Call Chase
You can also activate your card over the phone by calling the number that should have been printed on a sticker that was attached to the new credit card. Also, if you have any questions about your account or the new credit card, call 1-800-432-3117.