Second only to JPMorgan Chase & Co., Bank of America is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States and currently holds more than $2 trillion (yes, with a “T”) in total assets. And, much of that comes from people just like you who use Bank of America’s various services like mortgages, car loans, leases, credit cards and more. Obviously, they also deal extensively with other large corporations, and that also makes up a huge portion of their total assets.
For those of you who have a credit card through Bank of America, they have a way to make your monthly payment on it (or them if you have multiple) automatically and on whatever day of the month you would like to make the payments on. To get this set up, follow the instructions printed below, and you will never have to worry again about whether or not you sent your credit card payment or not.
We would like to note, however, that if you do set this up, make sure that you will have the funds available in your account on the day that the transfer is set to take place. If not, you could end up incurring late charges on your account as well as some other possible minor fees, since that seems to be standard practice with large banking institutions.
How to Schedule Automatic Debits
- At the bottom of this page, you will find a green box that has the corporate contact information for Bank of America. In there, you should see a link with the word “Website” before it. Click that link to navigate to the Automatic Payment Center
- Once the Automatic Payment Center loads up, click the red button at the bottom of the page that says “Schedule Now”
- With the Automatic Payment Plan Enrollment form loaded, fill out the personal information by completing all of the requested information, then click “Continue”
- On the next screen, you will fill out all of the information that is pertinent to your credit card as well as where you want the money to come from. This will include the credit card number, payment amount selection, name on the withdraw account, bank routing and account numbers and more. Fill out all fields that have an asterisk (*) next to them, then click “Continue”
- The following screen will display all of your input information. Verify that everything is correct and submit your automatic payment setup request
- The site will display a confirmation that your payments have been scheduled and are ready to be taken care of automatically