Advocate Health Care is a faith-based, non-profit health care provider in the state of Illinois. Advocate manages a number of hospitals in the state, including Advocate Lutheran Hospital, Good Shepherd Hospital, Trinity Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, among others. Based in Oak Brook, Illinois, Advocate came to be due to the partnership of 2 Christian churches: the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ. They joined forces in 1995 and Advocate was born. Since then Advocate Health Care has been at the forefront of integrated and compassionate care all throughout the state. And now they’ve gone even further by giving their patients online access through www.advocatehealth.com/billpay in order to settle their hospital bills easily and conveniently.
Through its network of 10 hospitals, 3 medical groups and quality hospice and home health services, Advocate continuously strives to make life easier for their patients and give them quality and professional care. Advocate maintains the largest physician network in Illinois, provides appropriate and efficient training to primary care physicians and residents, and currently sees and treats more pediatric patients than any other Illinois hospital. Having their patients pay through www.advocatehealth.com/billpay is another step in the right direction.
- Patients and customers should first visit https://advocate.patientcompass.com/portal/
- Before they can proceed to bills payment the customer should first select their hospital from the list provided. (For this illustration, we are going to select Lutheran General. Rest assured that all hospitals’ bill payment procedures are similar to each other)
- Advocate Care is unique in that it allows customers to pay without enrolling an account. To pay without enrolling, find and click on the PAY online button found on the right-hand side of the page
- On the next page, the customer selects his preferred payment method, either credit/debit card or check. He then clicks CONTINUE to proceed.
- The next page has information the customer has to fill up. He puts in his patient account number and payment amount. he also puts in either his credit card or check information, depending on the payment method he selected earlier. He clicks on CONTINUE and the payment is made.
Other online Features aside from advocatehealth.com/billpay
Aside from offering their patients the ability to pay online, Advocate also operates and maintains their MyAdvocate Patient Portal, which gives a lot of benefits that their patients could take advantage of. These include being able to review their medical record in detail, being able to send a secure message to their doctor’s office, request appointments, and even request a prescription renewal. And lastly, this portal also offers a Personal health Journal that allows the patient to keep track of his health data online.