Trico Electric Cooperative is a duly-registered, non-profit cooperative that is completely member-owned. It was founded in 1945 by a collective of farmers in the Avra Valley due to the need to bring electricity to their rural community. Its mission is to provide safe, reliable electricity to its members and their respective communities. It has a 38,000 strong customer base in Arizona, spanning the communities of northwest Tucson, Corona de Tucson, Marana, Green Valley, Sahuarita, Arivaca, Three Points and Sasabe.
As an electric cooperative, Trico Electric is mandated with delivering electricity to its members. Profits accumulated are both reinvested into the cooperative and also distributed to its members as dividend.
Trico Electric Bill Pay Instructions
- Customers should first go to https://trico.smarthub.coop/Login.html
- New customers should first create an account. Click on “Sign up to access our self-service site.”
- The customer will now be brought to the New User Registration Page. The customer inputs his account number, his last name or business name, and his e-mail address and then clicks the SUBMIT button. Once everything is verified, the registration process continues and the customer is assigned a password.
- Once the account has been created, the customer returns to the main login page. He inputs his e-mail address and password, then clicks on the LOGIN button.
- Once inside his account, the customer can now view his current and past bills, access his payment history and even check out his energy usage. He can even opt out of receiving paper bills and enroll in e-billing instead.
- The customer can now pay his bill online using his checking account, or his credit card. The credit card has to either be VISA, Mastercard or Discover.
OtherTrico Electric Bill Payment Options
Aside from paying online, customers can pay by phone by calling toll free 1-866-999-8440.
They can even sign up for Bankdraft and link their checking or savings account with Trico. This automatically deducts their bill payments from their bank account. They can sign up for this service by calling 744-2944. And lastly, Trico Electric Bill pay can be done through Walmart. They just have to bring their Trico Electric bill stub to the customer service desk. Bear in mind that paying through Walmart comes with a $1 service fee for 3-day processing and $1.50 for next-day processing.