With a rich history that dates back to the 1870s, Bank of the West is a relatively large banking institution that can be found throughout the numerous states throughout the country. Though they are nowhere near as large as some of their more nationally known competitors, they still offer a full range of banking services like checking and savings accounts as well as many different lines of credit and loans for real estate, autos, business and more.
Like their larger competitors, they also offer access to online banking. For those of you who have yet to sign up for online banking, this is a great time to get comfortable with the feature. You can take care of a wide number of activities that were traditionally only available by visiting a physical bank, including transferring funds, paying bills, sending payments to other people and managing almost every aspect of your account. About the only thing you can’t do with an online banking account at Bank of the West is have your computer dispense cash like an ATM .
If you’re ready to take the step and get yourself set up with online banking with Bank of the West, this guide will help walk you through the process.
Creating Your Online Access Account
- Go to the Bank of the West online banking portal by following the link in the green contact box near the end of this page or clicking the link here
- Click the Enroll link next to the sign in button
- On the Enroll in Online Banking page, click the button that says “Checking Account and Debit Card”
- Fill out all of the information on the Enter Your Information screen, which includes your name, checking account number, debit card number, SSN and your email address. Scroll down and agree to the terms and conditions as well as the mobile service agreement, then click the Continue button (on the bottom right)
- Continue filling out all of the requested information to fully complete the creation of your online login credentials for Bank of the West
Logging In to Online Banking at Bank of the West
After going through the steps detailed above, you should be ready to log in and take advantage of all the benefits that online banking offers. To sign in, go to the Online Banking section of Bank of the West’s website. Once there, click the Sign In button. On the following screen, enter the user name and password that you chose during online account enrollment and click the Submit button.