The City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management is the primary water supplier for the city and, as such, they service millions of people’s water needs.
If you have recently moved to Atlanta, Georgia, or just need to find a new way to pay your bill, you can do so by following this guide. Find your preferred payment method below and use the directions printed below the header.
Pay by Phone
To make a payment for your water bill over the phone, dial (404) 658-5600 any time or day and use your Visa or MasterCard by following the instructions given.
Pay in Person
The Department of Watershed Management also allows payments to be made in person. To do so, head to the Atlanta City Hall at:
If you arrive after hours, you may place your payment into the drop box the City Hall entrance located at 68 Mitchell Street.
Pay via Smartphone or Tablet
If you would like to make your water bill payment with your Android or iPhone device, you can get the app through the iTunes or Google Play stores:
- Using the internet browser on your computer, go to the web address http://payatlwateronline.com by typing it into the browser’s address bar or clicking the link which will open a new window
- Enter your account’s user name and password into the text entry boxes on the middle of the screen and click the blue “Sign In” button
- Click the blue “Make Payment” button on the lower-right portion of the screen
- Click one of the add payment options and enter either your credit card information or your bank account number and routing number into the prompts and submit it
- Click the “PAY BILL” tab at the top-left portion of the screen
- Enter how much you want to pay and when you would like it withdrawn from your chosen payment method. Verify you typed in the right information and submit the payment
- On the payment confirmation screen, click the button that says “Submit” and your payment will be processed. You may then leave the Atlanta Department of Watershed Management website
Where to Register for Online Bill Pay Access
To be given online access to handle your account over the internet, click here to go to the registration page. Enter your account number in the field shown here:
On the next screen, you will be asked to enter a number of personal details like the last four of your SSN and more. You will also choose a user name and password to be used for login purposes on the payment website.