In strong contrast to how it is today, New York Life Insurance had its humble beginnings in 1845, with their very first policy, worth $5,000, purchased by Lewis Benton. Nearly 170 years later, New York Life has since grown to be the largest and most famous mutual life insurance company in the country and the 89th largest life insurance company in the entire world. New York Life is known to be one of the most stable and trustworthy companies in the world, will all 4 rating companies (Standard & Poor’s, AM Best, Moody’s and Fitch) giving it the best credit ratings possible. It is 1 of only 3 life insurers in the history of the entire insurance industry to be awarded as such.
New York Life has a wealth of products in its portfolio. Aside from their traditional life insurance plans, the company also has long term care insurance, investment plans, retirement plans, and group membership associations in its arsenal. New York Life also offers its New York Life Rewards Visa Card, issued by First Bankcard, that gives great benefits and rewards to their cardholders.
Steps for making your New York Life payment online through Newyorklife.com
- The customer should first go to www.newyorklife.com
- This is the main page of New York Life. On the top-right corner of the page, on the top menu, is MY ACCOUNT. The customer hovers his cursor on top of it to access the Virtual Service Center login box.
- Before logging in, the customer clicks on the I AM A NEW USER box in order to create an account.
- The next page is the Registration section. the customer inputs his personal information (last name, Social Security Number, Account Number, Date of Birth, etc) and creates his user account credentials (user name and password) in order to finish his account registration.
- Once done, the customer returns to the home page and the Virtual Service Center box. He inputs his user name and password and then clicks on the SIGN IN button.
- The customer can now access his personal online account page. From here he can now make his New York Life payment online.
Other New York Life online account feature: eDelivery
Aside from paying your premiums, New York Life’s online account page also allows their customers to sign up for eDelivery. eDelivery is a service that delivers eligible documents electronically through the client’s online account. This feature is currently restricted to customers of the company’s variable products.