San Diego Gas Company was formed in 1881 to serve a population of 3000 people, from which they elected 25 street lamp posts to serve for public use. Over 130 years have passed and San Diego has more than 99,000 street lights serving the eighth largest city in the US. The company has grown from 89 customers to over 775,000 for gas and three million for electricity. The company is a regulated public utility that supplies electricity through 1.4 million electric meters and 860,000 natural gas meters in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our service area spans 4,100 square miles.
To pay for their services you can either use BillMatrix or SDG&E payment options.
Pay SDGE Bills by Credit or Debit Card
There are three options that you could use the credit/ debit card to pay for your SDGE pay bill.
- The first option is through an independent provider called BillMatrix that accepts the ATM cards, debit/credit cards or the electronic check to receive bill payments.
- The second option to use your debit/ credit card is through; phone call payments that are made by calling on automated system number 1-800-386-0067 that also charges a convenience charge of $1.50 per transaction. The languages to choose from are English and Spanish, but the transaction is limited to $1,000 per transaction.
- One can also use SDG&E Pay-by-Phone that allows you to pay your bill by authorizing a deduction from your account. By calling 1-800-619-7343 one is in control of when the payment is made. This method is fast and easy to use and better still, it’s absolutely free.
Paying SDGE Bills Online though Myaccount.Sdge.com
Online payments are the most secure since you get to manage your own account and can get information of the account to up 25 months and can also be able to link multiple accounts and pay them at the same time. To pay by using myaccount.SDGE.com through SDGE pay bill option is free of charge, but some financial institutions charge for electronic transfers. Check for charges applicable with your financial institution.
Other Payment Options
- Monthly Level payments – This is where you decide to level your monthly SDGE pay bill, either high or low in the bid to make the payment stable and manageable.
- Electronic Interchange of Data from Business to Customers – This is where you sign up to get bills electronically and you pay through electronic funds transfer.
- Require More Time to Pay – This is where you contact the company in advance that you are having trouble paying the bill, so that to avoid disconnections.
- In Person – Involves going to their offices in person to make the payments