GMAC Mortgage, a subsidiary of GMAC ResCap or Residential Capital, used to be a financial service company. They used to specialize in servicing mortgages and residential estate loans. The company along with the entire GMAC group went bankrupt in 2013 and has since been taken over by Ally Financial. As such, all prior GMAC mortgages are now considered Ally mortgages and serviced by their Central Loan Administration & Reporting Department.
Ally Financial is strutured as a bank holding company and is basically a reboot of GMAC but under different management. It is currently headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. Due to the financial crisis of 2007-2008, the US government bailed the company out and wrested control of it from its previous owner, General Motors. The US government currently owns 37% of Ally Financial, with Cerberus Capital Management and Motors Liquidation Company being the other significant owners. As of 2010, Ally Financial seems to slowly but surely be emerging from the depths and has finally returned to profitability. The company earned total revenues amounting to more than $9 billion last 2011. On April 10, 2014, in a sign of renewed confidence about the future, Ally Financial began to be traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
GMAC Mortgage Bill Pay Procedure
- Customers first go to https://secure.ally.com/allyWebClient/login.do
- Customers who don’t yet have an account have to enroll in Ally’s online banking services first. They click on “enroll in online banking services.”
- They enroll by entering their personal information first: name, date of birth and social security number. Afterwards, they have to create their user account credentials: username and password.
- After the account has been created the customers then return to the original login page.
- They then input their username and click continue. The company will then verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you’re free to continue to your main account page.
- On the main account page, the customer can now perform a wealth of banking options in addition to paying their mortgage bill online.
GMAC Mortgage Bill Pay Login Pages
Keep in mind that Ally Financial has different login pages depending on the type of account you have with them. There are different login pages for their standard banking customers, their auto customers and also their demand notes customers.