If you have been an account holder for GE Capital Retail Bank for a while, you have very likely noticed that the company began shifting all of its accounts to the new Synchrony Bank. If you are worried about your account during this transition, we are here to help you ease through the transition.
Considering that most of you probably used to access GE Capital Retail Bank (also known as GECRB) to make payments on outsourced accounts like store credit cards or the like, this change seems like it might be a little hard to trust. While we do live in a time where many online hoaxes exist, you can rest assured that this change is a legitimate move by GE Capital Retail Bank.
Reassurance from GE Capital Retail Bank Itself
The best, and probably most important, piece of information about this transition probably comes from GE Capital Retail Bank Itself. If you go to the website synchronybank.gecrb.com, you will be greeted with a message that says “GE Capital Retail Bank has changed its name. We are now Synchrony Bank.” What is most important to note from this as far as your online and financial security are concerned is that the change from GECRB to Synchrony is not actually a change in financial institutions, but it is just a name change. If we look at the page, you will see these three boxes (which we have highlighted with red):
As you can see, all of your information and what the bank offers is exactly as it was before, you will just be accessing their services through a different website, which will be discussed in the next section.
Logging In To Your Account(s)
Although you may be used to logging in to a GE Capital Retail Bank website, that will no longer be the case. For most accounts and bill payments, you will now be going to the Synchrony Bank website. To log in to make payments on an account, follow the directions below:
- Go to the website www.mysynchrony.com
- Enter your user name and password, and click the “Remember me” check box to stay logged in for up to 30 days. Click “Go” after you have entered your information
- Go to the online bill payment portion of the website
- Enter your payment details as requested for whichever account you need to make a payment on. Submit the payment, then verify that the details were correct and finalize the bill pay submission
- Once you receive a notification that your payment is successful, you can leave the site