Serving many different locations around the United States, Cox is a large cable and communications company that has earned itself a great reputation among its cable internet users. Although their cable television is par for the course, their internet connectivity has proven to be some of the fastest and most reliable in the country, especially in the larger cities that it services like San Diego.
If you are a Cox subscriber and need to make a payment on your account, this guide will walk you through the process for online payments and show you where you need to go to make payments through other methods like in person, by mail or over the phone.
Cox Online Bill Pay
- At the bottom of this page, you will find a link to the Cox bill pay page, click it to navigate to the site
1.a. You may have to enter your zip code to get to the Cox login page for your region. If so, do that and continue to login
- Enter your User ID and Password into the fields in the middle of the screen and click the blue “Sign In” button. If you want the site to store your login user ID, click where it says “Remember User ID”
- Click the tab that says “Pay Bill”
- Choose whether you want to pay the Total Due or if you would like to pay a different amount, then choose your payment method. If you don’t have a payment method saved to your account already, click the type of payment you will make and enter your information into the fields that show up on the screen, then click the blue “Continue” button
- Verify that your payment information is correct and finalize the payment
- The Cox website will display a confirmation that you have successfully submitted the payment. If not, you may have to go back and recheck that your payment information is correct and submit it again
To be able to complete the steps discussed in the section “Cox Online Bill Pay,” you need to have an online account created first. To register your Cox account for online access, click here to go to account creation page. Before you can create your account, make sure to know your SSN and have your Cox cable account ready to input into the prompts, as shown here:
Just so you know, for an alternate to your account number, you can input your address.
Other Payment Options
Cox also allows payments by mail, in person and over the phone. However, since the company serves so many different areas, the addresses and phone numbers vary based on your location. To find the address or phone number to handle your Cox bill payment through one of these alternatives, visit Cox Contact Us page and enter you zip code to find the contact information relevant to your account.