Clark Public Utilities is a company based in Clark County, Washington from the year of 1983. It’s a customer owned utility that provides two services: electric and water services. Water services also include wastewater services. Each is financially independent and serves more than 200,000 customers.
To view your account, go to www.clarkpublicutilities.com and check your monthly bill. You can pay your bill using the following options:
With Equal Pay, your yearly bill is divided into 12 equal monthly installments. This helps with budgeting. Your bill is based on your past usage and is adjusted accordingly if the estimate varies significantly from actual use. This is the Equal Pay form, you just need to add your details and apply.
Pay Online with MyAccount. To pay using this method, visit www.clarkpublicutilities.com. Go to my account and log in using your username and password. You can register to use this service by clicking on the “First time user? Register now” button.
MyAccount service is available for all residential customers and has a number of benefits such as:
- Checking the history of either payments or bills
- Switching to paperless billing
- Paying your bill
- Comparing your monthly usage
Pay by phone. You can use your phone to pay by calling Clark Public Utilities automated phone service. These are the steps to follow:
- Dial 360-992-3400
- Enter your account number. This is the 11 digit number located on your bill
- Enter the amount you want to pay
- Enter the information for the payment method you are using i.e. Visa or MasterCard, savings or checking account.
- Follow the prompts to receive the confirmation number.
- If you hit a snag don’t worry, opt out and get personal assistance.
Pay in person. If you want to drop your payment in person, you can visit us at the locations below 24hrs a day, this is the Clark Public Utilities pay stations link.
In case of misunderstanding, please contact Clark Public Utilities bill pay team at-