Choptank Electric is a electrical distribution utility based in Maryland. The unique thing about Choptank Electric is that every person that receives service from this utility is an owner. All margins gained are allocated to the members and is then called “capital credit”.
There are several payment options available for your Choptank Electric bill pay
Recurring credit card authorization
This is whereby Choptank is authorized to deduct the amount due from your credit card. This is carried out monthly and is affected when your bill shows “Payment by Credit Card” next to the amount due. To use this method, fill out this application form.
Pay your Choptank Electric Bill through Automated phone service
You can pay your bill by phone. This is done by following the steps below:
- Use your Co-op account number
- Dial 1-866-999-4574
- Follow the voice prompts to enter your current meter reading, pay by credit/debit card or by check, and update your phone number.
When usinig this service you will need to add your acount number and your credit card number. This service is available 24hrs a day.
Choptank Electric Bill Payment in person
You can make payments at the following places
- Kiosks- located around the Cambridge area.
- Local offices- located around the Denton area. Payments have to be made by 3pm for same day processing.
- Drop boxes-located around the Denton area. Payments made are processed on the next business day.
Choptank Online Payment
This is done with Choptank secure billing process called SmartHub. SmartHub is easy and convenient to use and will not cost you any fee to use the Choptank Electric bill pay. All you have to do is
- Navigate to https://choptankelectric.smarthub.coop/Login.html#login:
- Enter your email address and password
- If you are a new user, sign up to register.
In case of any misunderstanding, don’t hesitate, and contact Choptank Electric bill payment team at-