Occasionally, you may receive a credit card application in the mail from Bank of America if you are in good standing with the bank and your credit rating is considered good enough to be accepted. Millions of people receive these applications annually, and in many cases it is a good sign that you are handling your finances well enough to be noticed by the financial institution.
To apply for a credit card and activate it after you have received it in the mail, the following steps will walk you through the process and help you make sure that you are visiting legitimate Bank of America sites during the process. This will ensure you avoid any scams that can arise through mistyping links into your browser’s address bar.
Applying for a Bank of America Credit Card
If you received a credit card offer in the mail from Bank of America, you can go through the application process at www.BankOfAmerica.com/MyNewCard (link is on the bottom of this page). On the offer that you received in the mail, there should be a Personal Secure Code, enter it in these fields, as well as your zip code, to begin filling out the application for a new credit card:
You Should Enroll for Online Banking
To activate your new credit card online, you must be enrolled in online Bank of America account management. Do this by going to the Bank of America account enrollment page and entering the information as requested by the system like your SSN or TIN and a Bank of America account number or card number.
Activate a New Card
Once you have received your new Bank of America credit card in the mail, you will need to activate it. You can do so by following these steps.
- With your new card in hand, click here to go to Bank of America’s card activation subpage
- Click the button in the main left column of the page that says “Sign in to Online Banking”
- A small box will appear where you clicked the button. Type in your user name (online ID). Select the “Save this Online ID” box to have Bank of America save it for you. Click the “Check Your SiteKey” button
- Type your password in when asked
- Go to new card activation, there should be a link alert near the top of the screen
- You will be asked for the credit card number and a couple other questions that will be easily answered with the credit card with you. Answer them and your card will be activated