Waiting for an unemployment check from the Employment Development Department (EDD) can be frustrating, which can quickly get even more compounded if your mail doesn’t arrive until later in the afternoon making you wait until the next day to deposit the much-needed funds into your bank account. The Bank of America EDD card helps alleviate a ton of those kind of issues by automatically depositing money into a premade account for unemployment recipients.
If you recently became a cardholder of the BofA EDD debit card and need to activate it or check the available balance, read the directions below.
Activate Your EDD Debit Card from Bank of America
- Gather any materials you might need to get the process started. For most people, all you will need is the card itself as any other information will likely be committed to your memory
- Navigate to the web address Www.bankofamerica.com eddcard (link on the bottom of this page) by typing that into your internet browser or simply clicking the link to open it in a new browser tab or window
- Click the text near the top of the screen that says “Activate My Card”
- Begin the activation process by entering your BofA EDD debit card account number into the top text entry box (without spaces) and select the month and year of the card’s expiration and click the “CONTINUE” button at the bottom-right side of the screen.
- Continue following the on-page prompts to complete your card activation. From there, you can go and use your card like any other debit card, assuming you have funds available on it
Check the Account Balance On Your Bank of America EDD Debit Card
There are a couple of options available to BofA EDD cardholders to check the balance on the account, which can be especially necessary when waiting on the unemployment funds to hit:
Head to the bankofamerica eddcard website and log in with your EDD debit card number and your password, the amount left in your account will be prominently displayed on screen the moment you log in.
Note: If you don’t have a password set up or any kind of log in credentials available, you need to register your EDD debit card online through Bank of America’s EDD account management registration page, which you can access by clicking here.
Balance Check by Phone
If you are out and about and need to check how much you have left on your EDD debit card from Bank of America, call the company’s customer service system by dialing 866.692.9374. The automated system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, making it particularly convenient when out shopping.