Beyond just being a telecommunications giant, AT&T dabbles a little bit in other industries. For example, they also offer a credit card, which is deemed the AT&T Universal Card. This credit card can come as either a MasterCard or Visa (usually the former, though) and can be used anywhere that credit card brand is accepted.
If you have an AT&T Universal Card and need to make a payment toward your balance online, you may do so by following the directions listed on this page.
Note: It is very important to click the links described below for Sign In and Registration exactly where they are shown in the images. Other links on the AT&T Universal Card bill payment portal go to websites that are incorrect. It seems they are pointing to pages or sites that AT&T used to use and have yet to be updated, so be aware of where you are clicking when following the instructions written and shown in this guide.
AT&T Universal Card Account Registration
Account registration through Citi (the financial institution that handles AT&T’s Universal Card issuing, billing and tracking) will need to take place before you can actually log in to your account and make a payment online.
To get to the registration page, click the link in the green box at the bottom of this screen and then click the “Register” link on the top-right section of the page:
Once there, enter your AT&T Universal Card number into the field labeled “ATM/Debit or Credit Card Number,” then click the blue “Continue” button as such:
Beyond just your card number, to complete your account creation you will need to choose a security word, enter the last four digits of your Social Security number and choose a user ID to log in with.
Make an Online Payment
- Click the link in the green contact box at the bottom of this page to load the AT&T Universal Card portal website
- At the top right portion of the screen, click the link that says “Sign On.” Note: If you click where it says “Sign On or Register” found near the bottom of the text, you will be taken to the wrong site as described in the note in the introduction
- Type your user ID and Password into the boxes with those labels and click where it says “Remember my ID” to have the AT&T Universal Card bill payment site store your user ID for future visits. In the dropdown box that says “Take me to:” select “Make a Payment” then click the green “Sign On” button
- Navigate to make a payment and enter your payment information as requested by the AccountOnline website. After entering your details, recheck them to ensure they are accurate and your payment amount is what you want it to be, then submit your payment
- After receiving confirmation that your payment has gone through successfully, you can leave the site at your leisure