With millions of cardholders spread across the globe, American Express is a massive corporation that supplies credit cards and lines of credits to an impossibly large number of people each day. With its roots going deep into the history of the United States, it has been one of the most respected credit-based financial institutions through its long run. And, it likely will keep that way for years to come.
With so many Amex cardholders out there, it makes sense that you might be looking for guidance on how to make an online payment toward your credit card. The following instructions will show you where to go and how to do it with relative ease.
Bill payment options offered by americanexpress.com/pbc are as follows:
Even if you’ve been a cardholder for years, if you haven’t registered through American Express’s online access page, you won’t have a user ID or password. To do so, fill in the following information to get started then follow the instructions below the image:
Online American Express Payment
- Clients should first visit americanexpress.com/pbc (the direct link is on the bottom of this page)
- On this screen, login information is required; if this is the first time accessing the account online, new users can easily register on this page.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Cards-My Account” and click to log in.
- On this next screen, the user can see recent credit card activity and choose to complete the American Express pay bill process.
- If not already done, the user must set it up to transfer a bank account from which to withdraw the payment.
- Once the amount is selected and a date is scheduled, the payment is made.
AMX Payment by Phone
Clients on the go are also offered the ability to make the American Express payment process in a timely fashion thanks to mobile access capabilities.
Phone payments are also allowed by American Express, and they can be done so by calling (800) 472-9297.
Users of Android, iPhone, or Blackberry can download the Amex Mobile Application and pay bills from anywhere. On any other mobile device with Internet capabilities, the user can login at americanexpress.com/pbc and pay as if he/she is at a desktop.
Use the Mail for American Express Payments
For those who do not want to register with their personal information online, you may still make payments to American Express via standard and express mail. When sending a check, ensure your account number is written somewhere on your payment or have your bill stub in the envelope with the payment.
For standard mail, send checks to:
And, for overnight delivery of your payment, send to:
Like all credit cards and lines of credit, failing to pay your American Express bill on time can lead to the bad consequences of having a bad credit rating. Don’t let it get there, be responsible with you credit.
Contact your dedicated customer service team at