Known for their long history of being a credit card supplier the world over, American Express is such a large part of the finance industry in the United States that the company is actually a part of the Dow Jones. They have also played a large role in popularizing traveler’s checks for those who want security with their money while going on trips to locations both foreign and domestic. A notable American Express statistic is the fact that of all credit card transactions in the United States, Amex makes up nearly a full quarter of them and the brand itself is valued at just under $15 billion.
It is figures like these that show just how integrated the company is within American society and just how vital a component they have made themselves since they were first founded in the mid-19th century. If you have recently received an American Express card and need to activate it or you would like to make a payment online for an existing account, this guide will show you how to do just that.
Activate Your American Express Card
- To activate a new Amex credit card, visit the company’s card activation page by clicking here
- Once the page loads, type your 15-digit credit card number into the three boxes provided as well as the four-number card ID which you can find on the upper right side of the American Express credit card. Click continue after you have entered those numbers
- You will then be presented with a series of preferences that you may select or deselect that pertain to your actual card use. Click continue when you’ve chosen what you do and do not want
- The next screen will show you optional services available to you for using your particular Amex card, choose what you do and do not want (Note: Some come with a nominal fee)
- Finish out your card activation by following any further prompts and you’re done
Pay Your Amex Credit Card Bill Online
If you simply want to pay your credit card bill, head over to the company’s login page by clicking this AMEX login link. Choose “Cards – My Account” in the dropdown box and enter your user ID and password into the text entry fields. Click the blue “Log In” button
Go to the pay bill section of the site and enter your payment information as well as the amount that you’d like to pay toward your account and submit the payment after you verify that your information is correct. That’s all it takes, enjoy your new card!